California Health & Safety Code > >Health & Saf. Code §1597.56. Notice of Deficiencies; Time for Compliance; Correction
(a) The department shall notify a family day care home in writing of all deficiencies in its compliance with this act and the rules and regulations adopted pursuant to this act, and shall set a reasonable length of time for compliance by the family day care home.
Upon a finding of noncompliance, the department may levy a civil penalty that shall be paid to the department each day until the department finds the family day care home in compliance.
(b) In developing a plan of correction, both the licensee and the department shall give due consideration to the following factors:
(1) The gravity of the violation.
(2) The history of previous violations.
(3) The possibility of a threat to the health or safety of any child in the facility.
(4) The number of children affected by the violation.
(5) The availability of equipment or personnel necessary to correct the violation, if appropriate.
(c) The department shall adopt regulations establishing procedures for the imposition of civil penalties under this section.