California Health & Safety Code > Health & Saf. Code §25915.1. Asbestos; Management Plan; Requirements
(a) An owner may elect to prepare an asbestos management plan for any building subject to this chapter, and in that case may, upon implementation of that plan, comply with the notification requirements of this chapter by providing notice to other owners and all employees of that owner working within the building of the following:
(1) The specific locations within the building where asbestos-containing construction materials are present in any quantity.
(2) Potential health risks or impacts that may result from exposure to the asbestos.
(3) Information to convey that moving, drilling, boring, or otherwise disturbing the asbestos-containing construction material identified may present a health risk and, consequently, should not be attempted by an employee who is not qualified to handle asbestos-containing construction material.
(4) The existence and availability of the management plan and a description of its contents.
(b) For purposes of this chapter, an asbestos management plan shall be designed to minimize the potential for release of asbestos fibers and to outline a schedule of actions to be undertaken with respect to the asbestos. The plan shall be prepared by a person accredited to prepare management plans for schools pursuant to Section 2646 of Title 15 of the United States Code and shall contain all of the following:
(1) The information specified in paragraphs (1) to (5), inclusive, of subdivision (a) of Section 25915.
(2) A description of an ongoing operations and maintenance program which shall include, but not be limited to, periodic reinspection and surveillance, suggested fiber release episode procedures, measures to minimize potential fiber releases, and information and training programs for building engineering and maintenance staff.
(3) Recordkeeping procedures to demonstrate implementation of the plan which shall be maintained for the life of the building to which they apply.