California Civil Code > Part 5. Common Interest Developments (Davis-Stirling Common Interest Development Act) > Chapter 6. Association Governance > Article 5. Record Inspection > Civil Code §5216. Non-Disclosure of Member Information Who Participates In Safe at Home Program
(a) Notwithstanding any other law, upon request of a member of an association who is an active participant in the Safe at Home program, the association shall do both of the following:
(1) Accept and use the address designated by the Secretary of State as the Safe at Home participant’s substitute address under the Safe at Home program for all association communications.
(2) Withhold or redact information that would reveal the name, community property address, or email address of the Safe at Home participant from both of the following:
(A) All resident community membership lists, including mailbox bank listings, resident directories, electronic keypads, unit property numbers, and internet web portal accounts.
(B) Any membership list that will be shared with other members of the association.
(b) An association shall keep member participation in the Safe at Home program confidential.
(c) For purposes of this section:
(1) “Community property address” means the address of the member’s property within the community governed by the association.
(2) “Safe at Home participant” means a person certified as a program participant in the Safe at Home program.
(3) “Safe at Home program” means the address confidentiality program established pursuant to Chapter 3.1 (commencing with Section 6205) of Division 7 of Title 1 of the Government Code.