- Attorney Profile
- Articles & Publications
- Events & Speaking Engagements
- Outside the Office
DEA C. FRANCKSenior Attorney at Law
Practice AreasCommunity Association Counsel
Construction & Remediation
EducationUniversity of California Irvine, 2003
Thomas Jefferson School of Law, 2011
Affiliations and MembershipsState Bar of California
Community Associations Institute (CAI)
California Association of Community Managers (CACM)
OverviewDea C. Franck attended Thomas Jefferson School of Law, where she earned her Juris Doctor summa cum laude and was class valedictorian in 2011. While attending law school, she was the Editor-in-Chief of the Thomas Jefferson Law Review and was a recipient of numerous Jefferson Medals and CALI and Witkin Awards of Excellence. In addition to her academics, Dea clerked for the National Labor Relations Board- Division of Judges in San Francisco, California as a Peggy Browning Fellow. She was also a judicial extern for Federal District Judge Jeffery T. Miller and Magistrate Judge William V. Gallo in the United States District Court, Southern District of California. Prior to joining the firm, Dea worked as a post-bar judicial law clerk in Honolulu, Hawaii for Associate Judge Alexa D. M. Fujise in the Intermediate Court of Appeals for the State of Hawaii. During her clerkship, she reviewed appellate briefs and records on appeal and assisted in preparing disposition orders and published opinions.
Dea is originally from Martinez, California, located in the San Francisco Bay Area. She attended the University of California Irvine, where she earned her bachelor of arts in drama in 2003.
Honors & Awards
Epsten Grinnell & Howell, APC Articles
- The Trial Between Agua Caliente and Two Local Water Districts: What This Could Mean For Coachella Valley Community Associations
- Coachella Valley Water District – How Can Association’s Raise Funds For The New Domestic Water Rates?
- Exclusive Use Common Area Maintenance"
- Facebook – What Type of Presence Does An Association Want?
- 03/2017 – CAI Coachella Valley Quorum Magazine, It's Short Term Rental Season. How Do You Know What Your Governing Documents Allow?
- 03/2017 – CAI Coachella Valley Quorum Magazine, What Every Business Partner Needs to Know About Working With CAI-Coachella Valley Management Company Members
- 01/2017 – CAI Coachella Valley Quorum Magazine, From Homeowner to Board Director: The Added Fiduciary Duties and Responsibilities of Directors
- 09/2016 – CAI Coachella Valley Quorum Magazine, Questions and Answers from “Ask the Attorney” Luncheon
- 08/2016 – CAI Coachella Valley Quorum Magazine, People, Pets and Parking + Fair Housing Laws = A Pandora’s Box of Potential Legal Pitfalls
- 08/2016 – CAI Coachella Valley Quorum Magazine, Tips for Protecting Your Pets (and Yourself) from Coyotes
Events & Speaking Engagements
Community managers looking to continue their professional growth and expertise in community association management while earning CE credits are invited to join us for a complimentary one hour lunch and learn program. David E. Bruce, Esq. and Dea C. Franck, Esq. will share their insights on some of the most common legal topics and issues facing community associations.
I also enjoy frequenting thrift shops, antique stores, and tiki bars to grow my collection of tiki mugs and general tiki ephemera. I have over 100+ mugs and am always on the hunt for more.