KIERAN J. PURCELLShareholder
Practice AreasCommunity Association Counsel
EducationUniversity of Colorado, 1985
California Western School of Law, 1995
Affiliations and MembershipsState Bar of California
American Bar Association
San Diego County Bar Association
American Legion, Post 275
Community Associations Institute (CAI), Member, San Diego Chapter Past President and Board Member
Legislative Support Committee (LSC), Member, San Diego Chapter
California Association of Community Managers (CACM), Member
OverviewKieran Purcell graduated from the University of Colorado at Boulder in 1985. After serving seven years in the United States Navy, Kieran joined Epsten Grinnell & Howell, APC as a law clerk while attending California Western School of Law. Upon graduation in April 1995, Kieran became an attorney with the firm where his work on behalf of community associations includes providing advice on all types of corporate matters including litigation, interpretation and enforcement of governing documents and reconstruction issues. He has been a shareholder of EG&H since 2002.
Kieran spent three terms on the Board of Directors of the San Diego Chapter of the Community Associations Institute (CAI), where he served as its President, co-chaired the National Seminar Committee and co-chaired the Golf & Tennis Charity Classic. Currently, Kieran is a delegate for the Legislative Support Committee for the San Diego Chapter, in support of CAI’s California Legislative Action Committee (CLAC), and teaches the Common Interest Development Law Course. During his tenure with CAI, Kieran has earned the San Diego Chapter’s President’s Award four times, and in 2006 was recognized with the Samuel L. Dolnick Lifetime Achievement Award.
In September 2015, Captain Kieran Purcell retired from the United States Navy after 30 years of active and reserve service, including 3 tours as Commanding Officer.
A former President of the San Diego Chapter of the University of Colorado Alumni Association, Kieran served 5 years on the University’s National Alumni Board of Directors.
Honors & Awards
Epsten Grinnell & Howell, APC Articles
- Rules Pertaining to Interruptions at Meetings
- Construction Contracting 101
- Questions and Answers Regarding Architectural Enforcement Procedures for Community Association
- Termite Eradication Bugging You?
- Condominium Association Can Enact Rules Excluding Non-Resident Owner From Using Common Area Recreational Facilities
- Delegation of Board of Directors Powers to Officers and Committee
- Amendment To Bylaws Creating A New And Disadvantaged Class Must Be Approved By Members Of That Class
- Ethics In Community Association Management
- If You Aren’t Supporting CLAC, You Aren’t Paying Attention (President’s Message)
Events & Speaking Engagements
Subscribe to filtered calendar