At Epsten Grinnell & Howell, we believe that a well-informed board of directors is better prepared to govern its association and to protect the association from both preventable membership discord and litigation. In addition to our annual Legal Symposia, we offer multiple other educational services, including seminars for boards of directors and community association managers.
Topics of recent Epsten Grinnell & Howell attorney-led seminars include:
Board Member Education
Public Meet-n-Greets offered throughout the year.
Private programs available upon request.
- Board Member Orientation
- Specialized in-Depth “Board Member Boot Camp”
- Board Member Ethics and Code of Conduct
- Parliamentary Procedure
- Director and Officer Duty and Liability
- Sexual Harassment and Employment Issues
- Training on Rules Enforcement Hearings and Procedures
- Tips & Tricks for Productive Board Meetings
Breakfast, Lunch and/or Afternoon formats available.
Most programs are 40 to 60 minutes and can be customized to fit your needs.
- Commercial & Industrial Common Interest Developments
- Construction Defect Litigation
- New Legislation
- Laws & Statutes Affecting Community Associations
- Golf Courses
- Indian Land Leases
- Water-Wells, Conservation And Government Mandates
- Developer Transition Issues
(Bonds, As-Builts, Defects, Reconstruction, And Other Topics Of Interest)
- Senior Housing
- Short Term Rentals
- Non-Resident Owners
- Death Issues
- Emergency Preparedness/EQ Issues
- General Q&A
To download a digital copy of our Community Association Law Resource Book or any of our other publications, click here.
Request for Education