California Civil Code > Part 5. Common Interest Developments (Davis-Stirling Common Interest Development Act) > Chapter 1. General Provisions > Article 1. Preliminary Provisions > Civil Code §4045. General Document Delivery
*New statutes and amendments effective January 1, 2022 are shown in bold, underline italics. [ ] indicates an amendment of deleted text only.
(a) If a provision of this act requires “general delivery” or “general notice,” the document shall be provided by one or more of the following methods:
(1) Any method provided for delivery of an individual notice pursuant to Section 4040.
(2) Inclusion in a billing statement, newsletter, or other document that is delivered by one of the methods provided in this section.
(3) Posting the printed document in a prominent location that is accessible to all members, if the location has been designated for the posting of general notices by the association in the annual policy statement [ ] prepared pursuant to Section 5310.
(4) If the association broadcasts television programming for the purpose of distributing information on association business to its members, by inclusion in the programming.
(5) If the association maintains an internet website for the purpose of distributing information on association business to its members, by posting the notice on the association’s internet website in a prominent location that is accessible to all members if designated as a location for posting general notices in the annual policy statement prepared pursuant to Section 5310.
(b) Notwithstanding subdivision (a), if a member requests to receive general notices by individual delivery, all general notices to that member, given under this section, shall be delivered pursuant to Section 4040. The option provided in this subdivision shall be described in the annual policy statement [ ] prepared pursuant to Section 5310.