California Civil Code > Part 5. Common Interest Developments (Davis-Stirling Common Interest Development Act) > Chapter 6. Association Governance > Article 7. Annual Reports > Civil Code §5310. Distribution of Annual Policy Statement to Members
*New statutes and amendments effective January 1, 2022 are shown in bold, underline italics. [ ] indicates an amendment of deleted text only.
(a) Within 30 to 90 days before the end of its fiscal year, the board shall distribute an annual policy statement that provides the members with information about association policies. The annual policy statement shall include all of the following information:
(1) The name and address of the person designated to receive official communications to the association, pursuant to Section 4035.
(2) A statement explaining that a member may submit a request to have notices sent to up to two different specified addresses, pursuant to [ ] Section 4040.
(3) The location, if any, designated for posting of a general notice, pursuant to [ ] subdivision (a) of Section 4045.
(4) Notice of a member’s option to receive general notices by individual delivery, pursuant to subdivision (b) of Section 4045.
(5) Notice of a member’s right to receive copies of meeting minutes, pursuant to subdivision (b) of Section 4950.
(6) The statement of assessment collection policies required by Section 5730.
(7) A statement describing the association’s policies and practices in enforcing lien rights or other legal remedies for default in the payment of assessments.
(8) A statement describing the association’s discipline policy, if any, including any schedule of penalties for violations of the governing documents pursuant to Section 5850.
(9) A summary of dispute resolution procedures, pursuant to Sections 5920 and 5965.
(10) A summary of any requirements for association approval of a physical change to property, pursuant to Section 4765.
(11) The mailing address for overnight payment of assessments, pursuant to Section 5655.
(12) Any other information that is required by law or the governing documents or that the board determines to be appropriate for inclusion.
(b) The annual policy statement shall be made available to the members pursuant to Section 5320.