Associations typically have property (which covers the common areas and frequently the buildings in the subdivision), general liability, Directors & Officers (“D&O”), workers’ compensation and fidelity (theft) insurance. Other possible policies include earthquake, flood and employer’s liability (if the association has its own employees). With sufficient liability & D&O insurance, the directors and homeowners/members receive immunity from certain types of liability.


Leave a Reply